Website Manager

TUCKER FOOTBALL LEAGUE (TFL)

Who is Fitzgerald Field named after?

  • The field is named after Charles A. Fitzgerald.
  •  Mr. Fitzgerald was born August 2, 1922 in Atlanta, GA.  He died on March 25, 2008 at age 85.
  •  Mr. Fitzgerald attended Boys High School (Grady High School) and graduated from Marist High School in 1941.
  • He was a 137 pound guard, who was named "All-State" in Football and Baseball.  
  • Marist School honored him in 1987 as the Alumni of The Year and was inducted into their Football Hall of Fame.
  • He enlisted on Pearl Harbor Day in the Marines Corp and was in VMS Squadron 135 the “Fighting Corsairs.” After discharge he met his wife, Agnes in Santa Barbara, CA and returned to Atlanta to attend Emory University where he received a BA in Electrical Engineering.
  • Mr. Fitzgerald founded Custom Engineering Corporation in Tucker, GA, which later became Fitzgerald Engineering. He enjoyed many years of success as an innovator in the process control field.
  • He considered his greatest achievement the founding of the Tucker Football League, in 1955, which now resides at Fitzgerald Field in Tucker, GA.
  • He was a passionate golfer who built his own golf course.
  • He was a member of Smoke Rise Country Club and former member of the Atlanta Athletic Club.